Key concepts covered include:
This qualification aims to help the learners understand the duties and responsibilities with regard to safeguarding children and young people; including to:
- Understand the basic rights of children and young people as described in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC 1989);
- Recognise where there are child protection concerns including the indicators and categories of child abuse and neglect;
- Understand how children and young people may be harmed and be aware of the effects of abuse and neglect on the child;
- Recognise when children are in need of support, and parents need help;
- Remember that the welfare of the child is paramount;
- Know how to make a referral;
- Know where to access advice;
- Realise the importance of sharing information where necessary to safeguard children;
- Work in partnership with parents unless this puts the child at greater risk of harm;
- Understand the importance of good record keeping practices ; ensuring all records are accurate, legible and contemporaneous.
There are no reviews yet.