Apprenticeships For Employers
Why An Apprentice ?
We believe in developing People to fulfil their potential we aim to help candidates gain more Knowledge and Skills through industry leading qualifications whilst employers continually improve their service through outstanding staff.
Apprentices offer many benefits to employers, for example:
- Expand your team – Apprentices are a great way to bring young, new talented individuals into your business/organisation.
- Develop existing staff – An apprentice enables you to grow and develop current staff members.
- Increased efficiently – 81% of employers report an increase in productivity as a result of talking on an apprentice.
- Increased loyalty – Apprentices are very committed to repaying the support and guidance offered by the employer.
Click Here to find out more on how you business can benefit from hiring apprentices.
Understanding Levy and how this will effect you.
How levy effects you if your Annual Pay Bill is above 3 Million.
How levy effects you if your annual pay bill is below 3 Million.
EMPLOYERS WITH FEWER THAN 50 EMPLOYEES
If you’re an employer with fewer than 50 employees, the government will fund all the apprenticeship training costs up to the funding band maximum if, on the first day of the apprenticeship, the apprentice is:
- between 16 and 18 years old (or 15 years old if the apprentice’s 16th birthday is between the last Friday of June and 31 August)
- between 19 and 24 years old and has an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan provided by their local authority or has been in the care of their local authority
SHARING APPRENTICESHIP COSTS WITH THE GOVERNMENT
If you have at least 50 employees or your apprentice does not meet the criteria above, you’ll share apprenticeship costs with the government. This means:
- you’ll pay 5% towards the cost of training and assessing your apprentice
- the government will pay the remaining 95%, up to the funding band maximum
- if your apprentice’s training and assessment cost more than this, you’ll pay the difference